Thursday, September 20, 2012

What am I most proud of?



1. Like many of us, I'm extremely proud to be a Cal Bear.  Berkeley has been my dream school since elementary, so to be here, to achieve this feat and be rewarded for all my efforts is just amazing







2. I'm proud of my little brother, Ronell.  I grew up with my cousins, a majority of whom are male and.. Well, ignorant.  A lot of them have chosen not to invest in their education, and are living off of their parents.  On top of that, they're disrespectful and just plain arrogant.  My little brother, on the other hand, is none of those things.  I'm proud to say that my brothers awesome, intelligent, and very mature for a thirteen-year-old.  He also gives ME relationship advice sometimes... It's pretty weird and usually uncalled for, but yeah, he's great, and he has such a bright future ahead of him. :)




3. So, my parents were never particularly interested in my education.  I was held to the standard of becoming a housewife, really, and was constantly compared to my older sister.  When I was a sophomore in high school, my mom pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't try to be like my sister because I simply didn't have the ability to achieve what she had.  She basically told me I wasn't good enough.  As you can imagine, I took that to heart, but rather than listen to her, I decided I'd prove her wrong... 

And I did.  During my senior year of high school, I was on the Drill Team (*click "Drill" to see video).  I was the Co-Editor-in-Chief of my high school's yearbook, and our yearbook won first place at the annual Del Mar Fair.  I was the secretary for One World, an organization dedicated to helping children in Uganda.  I volunteered monthly.  I graduated as valedictorian.  I paid for ALL of my college applications, and I got into every single university that I applied to.  WHADDUP.  Haha.

Anyway, I'm proud of how much I accomplished in high school.  I'm proud to say that I proved my parents wrong, and in doing so, finally gained their respect as an adult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment