Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I am proud of....


           I am proud of myself of gaining admissions to number #1 ranked public university in the world. Although I was not really planning on going back to school, the last time I set my foot into a classroom was three years ago, but I figured it was time. (I even had a job promotion two weeks before I received my acceptance letter that made this decision a tad more difficult!) I realized that I am a bit older than my peers, I was already living on my own, had a stable job that allowed me to afford the things that I enjoyed... it paid my bills and had some extra, life was not really that bad. But I made a personal accord with myself after I dropped out of UCSD several years ago, that I would eventually go back and finish what I started and if I become really ambitious, apply myself to law school. It took considerable amount of effort and sacrifices to get here: from being away from home, leaving my family, friends, and my partner, relying on my savings, and readjusting my life as a student again. 
           It has been an amazing experience so far, filled with mixed emotions. (I had been ecstatic, overwhelmed, proud, amazed, happy, stressed, felt ridiculously stupid, and at time smart). Maybe what they said is true that... "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere."
          The second thing I most proud of is my car. I also really miss it since I left it in San Diego. I was able to pay it off weeks before I moved to Berkeley. It literally took blood, sweat, and tears! I worked 60 hours a week for the past three years to pay it off. I did not have the luxury of having a cosigner, I did not want to burden my mom or any family members for the things that I want. 
         I am really proud of my two nephews and niece. (Jacob, James, and Meagan). I am proud uncle! I love and would bend over backwards for these kids. They are my stress-reliever because they are carefree, innocent, and cute (maybe I am a bit biased). I want to be a role model for them and that's probably one of the main reasons I want to succeed in school and in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment