Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Family Tradition


Holidays are coming! I alway love the holidays, people seem to be more decent, welcoming and hella nicer during this time of the year. My family is very into celebrating Christmas, a tradition that we carried even after we emigrated here from the Philippines. Growing up, I remember that my mom did not have much financially, but she always made sure that my siblings and I got the presents that we wanted. We also start decorating for the holidays as early as November, the day after the Halloween. Always fun reminiscing and recollecting the stories with my family of the past Holidays while decorating the house and listening to Christmas carols.

Also I love holiday food! I always gain significant amount of weight after the holidays, which started during Thanksgiving and at the beginning of the new year. In our family, we normally rotate who's going to host the Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner. I hosted a Christmas dinner last year, I made chicken cordon bleu and pineapple fried rice. My sisters baked Christmas cookies and desserts, my mom cooked a lot of traditional filipino dishes. We sing, we dance, but we do not steal things. (Sorry for the Jason Mraz reference). Can't wait to go home for the holidays. Wishing everyone a lovely and amazing Holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment